Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Ruby!!

Meet Ruby! A four month old brittany that quickly came into our lives and melted our hearts. Let me start from the very beginning to explain how she came to us. 
Once upon a time in 2000 my family decided to get a brittany spaniel puppy. My dad wanted to use her to hunt and she also rapidly became a spoiled house dog! Zoe was a great hunter, but when she turned 11 my dad thought it was time for her retire from hunting. We then decided to get another brittany puppy, Indie. She was crazy (in the best way) and always made me smile. I loved coming home from school knowing my dogs would be there at the door to greet me. Sadly, last year shortly after Indie turned two she was hit by a car. I never imagined how hard it would be to lose something you love so much and honestly it was one of the hardest things I had ever had to deal with. Our family was devastated. To try and cope with the pain of losing Indie we contacted the breeder we got Indie from to see if she had any puppies for sale. We couldn't stand having a home with out a puppy. Our breeder did not have any puppies, but lead us to an organization called American Brittany Rescue. On this website we found Cooper. He had been surrendered by his owners at two years old the same night Indie died. We didn't want Indie to die in vain and we felt that she had somehow lead us to adopt Cooper. We ended up with the best dog, Very well mannered and knew his commands, unfortuntately when we tried the whole bird dog hunting thing he was not a fan. That is when we sent cooper to "bird dog school" for two months (don't worry he came home on weekends!). In just two months Cooper became an amazing bird dog. This is where Ruby comes in! Coopers trainer at school had puppies. When we suddenly caught "puppy fever" a few weeks ago we learned that he had one puppy left from his last litter. Last night is when my parents told me about her and then this morning we went to get her! Kind of crazy. I love how spontaneous my parents are. So now we start a new journey with Ruby, Cooper, and Zoe. We sure do love our brittanys. 
Thanks for reading:)
Brianna






No comments:

Post a Comment